Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The count down begins.

It seems to me that if I do something everyday to progress my move to Israel, I feel more comfortable about it. It must be a control issue on things unknown. Like some how by buying a backpack or setting up communication through this blog I am controlling my destiny. We humans are so funny!
So, as my first blog begins I will begin my story of how and why I am moving to Israel. Maybe if I ever find time I will write down all the steps I took to reach this moment, on the off beat chance that someone will be trying to find help on this subject. I tried and I couldn't find anything with substance to give metips or advice in this kind of forum.

In January 2004, I went to Israel on a free Birthright Israel trip. ( www.birthrightisrael.com ). After 10 days of my first tastes of Israel, I went to an Israeli army base and did volunteer work for three monthes. In that time I desided that I wanted to live in Israel. My heart was there. I have never felt to energized, peaceful, or torn up inside as when I was there.
In April 2004, I returned to Los Angeles and started working out how I would get back to Israel. And now a year and a half later I am almost there.

But time is getting short now. The realization of the indefinite is sinking in and the people I love are scrambling to have one more day with me. And I am scrambling too, but also because I need one more day to sleep, work, pack, organize, think.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nanna would be very happy for you. Am following Jonathans journey, will follow yours also. Sorry our "glue" moved on to better places, I miss her so much
Aunt Sophie
Health and Peace on your journey

Unknown said...

Really really nice... I feel that way too. And I also felt like writing about that on my weblog, on which now I don't have time...
Anyway.
Really really liked your blog...
:)