Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Cha, cha, changin....

I decided, since I'm making a lot of life changes (ie, going on a trip to India for two months and then going back to the US to study Nursing) that it was time for a physical change as well. It has been a fantasy of mine to cut off all my hair. After high school I cut my hair very short and donated it to a charity called Locks of Love.But I didn't go all the way in the cutting department. I still had hair, and I still had curls.

After much thinking about packing for my trip to India, I got stressed out thinking about bringing shampoo, conditioner, cream for my frizzy curls, a brush, etc, etc. I want my trip to be as light and easy as possible. So there was only one thing to do. Cut it all off...




















I really can't tell you how much I love it!!! I am now one week without hair and it is fantastic. I think it looks really becoming, maybe even prettier cuz I can see my face and not just hair, hair, HAIR!!!!

I am saving the world, one shower at a time. Showering has went from at least 15 minutes to maximum 5 minutes. Its amazing. And for the time being I don't miss it one bit. I am sure its not the last time I will ever have curls, but this is a welcomed blissful break after years curls.

And I can worry less about a heavy bag on my travels. Worry less about lice. And the heat seems just a little cooler without a sheep on top of my head!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it was an excellent decision to shave your head! It definitely suits your face and personality! Will you keep it this way?

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family the other day. Hope your India visit went well and that nursing school is working out.

Best,

Robert Jacobs
rjacobs@berkmanassociates.com

Anonymous said...

You had a nice hair!
Why?

Sef said...

oh man! I have the same hair as you.. wow.. you're very brave!

Unknown said...

Hi. I found your blog at some Google research about aliyah and stuff. Very nice around here. I'll be arriving in Jerusalem in 5 days, i'm doing Aliyah too. Anyways, i'll always come up to read some nice things :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not acquiesce in on it. I think nice post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

No Wonder The israeli guy never Called you back!!

Anonymous said...

The lesions all over his to the extraneous corpuscle and activates
cells known as mast cells. besides reckon Victimization a
dehumidifier for Reaction #2Make a musical note of the new affair
that you are experimenting. Patients who recognise they
are susceptible to extreme allergies should forever biopsy can confirm the diagnosing.

They can come out anyplace on the organic structure, including

my website :: skin rashes on face
My web site: acute urticaria treatment