Friday, February 17, 2006

Shabbat Shalom in Hebrew

Sorry I have not written in a bit. Tomorrow I promise, no matter what I will figure out how to upload pictures. I think that I can actually use my computer here. But either was I will put something up so you can see my pretty Israel.

Some wonderful things happened this week. First was I got a bit homesick! Wonderful you ask? You can't live on this high cloud all the time. One must come down. And for some reason, this week I was a bit blue. But it is good. It made me examine the people in my life and what I am doing about my relationships. I wrote a lot of letters and such.

Another great thing. Tu-Bishvat. That is Hebrew. That is a holiday. Only to celebrate the trees. Israelis are crazy about the nature and trees. So on Sunday, or Yom Rishon, the first day, we went to an army base and planted some trees and then we went all around the Sea of Galilee and saw some of the most beautiful views. It was great to get out of the butz and have some fun.

I had a wonderful phone call with Nancy too. It was so good to catch up, since we really had not talked since God knows when. I hope to make my rounds and call a few people that I have neglected a bit.

So that is all. The weather is freezing and I miss the sun. This week there has been no sun and only rain and even hail. In Jerusalem it snowed! Life without the sun can make you pretty sad. Today I cleaned the room and the bathrooms and kitchen so they are all nice for Shabbat. I went for a run and then took a nap. Probably tomorrow will be just as quite.

Wishing you all a peaceful weekend.

Oh, by the way. One of the greatest things about living in Israel in the modern age. Right before Shabbat begins, everyone text messages "Shabbat Shalom" in Hebrew to everyone. It is great!

No comments: