Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Israeli Medics: 4 killed in Hadera Market

First of all, and most importantly: I AM ALIVE.

I wish I could come with some better news than that, but at this moment in time I can't. I wish I could tell you that I am no where near Hadera. I wish I could tell you that I wasn't there, in that market two days ago. I wish I could tell you that I am not scared. I wish I could tell you that I can't hear the screams of the sirens racing to a city that is a 20 minute bus ride away.

I was in Hadera two days ago. I was in that shuk (market), two days ago. I went to Hadera to the mall to get paperwork for getting a drivers license. And one of my favorite things to do is go to the shuks. They are loud and smelly and crowded and the produce is aways cheap and delicious.

I have to thank God. And I am sad, because at least 4 have been killed. And my teacher lives there, the directors daughter goes to college there. All are ok as far as I know. But wow.

So as scary as it is, please know, that when something happens I will get to a computer as fast as I can to let everyone know that I am ok. And thank God...

My love to all. Peace be with you.

P.S. I was actually planning to go to Haifa today to get a better cell phone so that I would beable to call whenever I want. My cell right now is just a pay as you go, but I think it is more expensive than getting a plan. And my phone has run out. I can get calls, but not make calls. So once I have it I will beable to call when something happens, but for now, this will do.

No comments: