Saturday, October 08, 2005

Percent Blog

My Mom said that her grandmother would call a meal of left-overs, a "percent meal". So this isn't left over pictures, but I waited till I had enough stuff and finally am publishing something.

The photos run from oldest first to newest last.

These first few were taken last weekend in a place called En Hod. It is about half way from the kibbutz to Haifa. It is a tiny artists colony in the hills. Very hippie, very cute. There really wasn't a lot to see, but we had fun. I went with Danny, Sango, our Japanese student, and Leeca. Leeca is from Holland an is not on the kibbutz, but is taking the classes. She has an Israeli boyfriend back in Holland and wants to learn some Hebrew before she has children. She also is finishing Med. School.


Below: This is a mural of the symbols of the 12 tribes of Israel. I thought it was really lovely.




The next pictures I took on Friday morning. Danny, Adam from South Africa, and I left the kibbutz at 5:30am to get these shots. We went on a walk on the beach for half an hour. We were right in front of the local Arab village to catch these shots.
I love the donkey and cart.



The light was really beautiful and it was fun to watch to change.







On Thursday I got my hair straightened and make-up done by my roommates and went out to a club called Ultra Sound. The trance group Infected Mushroom was playing. It was an interesting night. I think I will never do it again because we ended up waiting almost 2 hours for the bus to pick us up, and it was very cold. But it was interesting to watch everyone dancing when the group came on. The club is big and there is an upstairs area, that looks down on the stage. So you could see everone dancing like crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your the hottest girl in the photo!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Elizabeth. Just checking out your sight. Sounds like you're having a great time! The teacher in me says "watch your spelling!"
Love you. Stay safe.
Jenni