Monday, January 16, 2006

Just A Bit Of News

I am sorry that it has been a while since I have made any real posts. Things are good here. My month of working as a volunteer is really coming to an end. This is a bit scary because now I have to shlep all my crap to another place. It is hard not having a REAL home. Probably for the first few years I won't have a permanent home. This can be good and bad. I know I can learn a lot about myself and what is important (ie, not so much material stuff). But on the other hand it is hard. Moving every few months will not be a big joy in my life.

But, forward and up I go.

On Sunday I will go to another Kibbutz that is near by and check out another Ulpan. It doesn't make sense for me to just "sit" around working 10 hours a day and not study. I think if I have the opportunity I should grab it. So this Kibbutz is called En Ha-shoved and is in the Carmel mountains. I would be enrolled in another 5 month Ulpan. It sounds more serious to me. Almost all of the people on the Ulpan are Russian immigrants who have to learn Hebrew. It would be the same deal of working and studying. And it would only be equal to $100 dollars for 5 months study.

I assume if I get processed in the army before the end of the 5 months then I will be gone. Army processing takes a long time here. It is not like the US were you sign and then that day you go in. This is Israel my friends. Nothing is fast and organized here. Next week I go for a complete physical. Someone told me that after the physical, things should start to move a little quicker. After these tests I should get a letter with job choices. They base what you can to in the army off your health and an interview and phycotecnial exams I took.

The weather here is very cold actually. But the sea in the winter is even more beautiful than in the summer. Everyday it look so different and the clouds are amazing. Today at breakfast we saw a rainbow over the sea. It was my first time in Israel. It has been raining a lot. Almost everyday it is raining. All all the prayers of the Jewish people are working.

No comments: