Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Golan Heights

I had an amazing trip to the Golan Heights yesterday. The two lower classes went this week and next week the upper classes go. We left at 5:15 am and came back to the Kibbutz at 8:30 pm. It was an amazing trip. Ruben my new dad led the excursion. The Golan is one of my favorite places in Israel. It is very untouched, or at least it feels that way. It looks like "biblical land". As if you could say, Oh now this looks like the bible.

I have to admit I think I got no good pictures, but I wanted to post some anyway, just so you could get an idea. Please forgive me.

The one good picture of me, my friend Danny took, and stole it from his website, hah hah hah.

Some of the pictures that are very panoramic are actually borders of Israel. We saw the Syrian-Israel and Jordan-Israel boarders.

In the late afternoon we went to a place called Hamat Gader. This is a natural mineral spa known even in biblical times. All through the ages, no matter who conquered the region, this was a popular spot. The hot water was 41 degree. That is really hot people; we are dealing with Celsius now. But there was a cold water pool too, and a really fun slide. Someone described it as a toilet bowl at the end, because you just keep spinning in this giant, toilet bowl looking thing.

At night we ate an amazing meal right on the edge of an Arab village. That is the night buildings picture. The food was delicious, and a bit different from Israeli, Middle Eastern. I think they use different spices.



























In other news, I changed rooms and life is so much better. I think if you can't get along with the people you live with, life is pretty hard. I will write more later, but I just wanted to post something.

By the way thanks to Lalo, Kelly, Dan and Tim; my favorite TJs couple, and Julia; the only other jew in Cato, NY, who also loves Everclear and has a mole on her belly botton too! It is nice to hear from all of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you something completely sad. . . .
I had to have my mole removed! It was so big and it was getting to be rather dangerous to have it, so they took it out. It was painful, let me tell you, but the memory of it is still there. . . . And I do still love Everclear!

-- Julia

Elizabeth said...

Oh, Julia,

I am so sorry to hear that!!! Do you at least have a scar to remeber it by. My boyfriend used to call it my "chocolate chip" Well as long as you still like Everclear that is good.

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I don't really have a scar, but if you look close you can see it!

Elizabeth said...

Julia, Goolia,

Please send me a real email at my email address and we can really talk, I want to know how life has been for the past 4 years. My email is

lizraeli717@gmail.com

Liz