Sunday, September 18, 2005

Today is a Miracle

Today there were two miracles. The first is, there was a double rainbow. Unfortunately, I didn't see it, but one of my classmates told me about it. The second is it rain for a short period of time. Actually it was more sprinkling. To any non-Jew, this last part, about the rain is queer. Rain??? A miracle??? Lama???? (in Hebrew; WHY)

Because, rain in this reigon (?) of the world is rare. And actually in the prayer services all over the world, everyday, Jwes pray for rain in Israel. But, only at the appropriate time, of course. In the Israeli winter months we pray for rain. And in the summer months we pray for wind. Even if you were living in a place that it was summer there, but winter in Israel, then you would pray for rain.

So this was a big deal. Actually in the class some people got pretty excited and wanted to see. And at supper that night, the couple sintting next to me, were talking about it.

Last night I want back to Zichron Ya'akov with some friends and we had dinner and walked around. It is a really nice little town, I enjoy it very much. I had so-so Thai food, pad thai and soup. The Thai food in Israel should be really good, because many illegal workers here are Thai. But this was not that good.

Also I rode a bike for the first time in at least 6 years, last night. And that is a lie that you never forget to ride, because I forgot. i even crashed, and now I have a bruise on my hip bone, yeah, battle scar! I rode with some friends down to the beach to see the full moon on the water, and it was so beautiful. I really wanted to swim, but no one else would go in with me. So I only went in to my underwear. But it was very magical. The sea is very special at night and again, and again, and again, I AM SO LUCKY!!!

I have a test coming up in class so I am studying very hard. But I really feel I am understanding more. It is getting harder to write in English and easier to write Hebrew.

I am meeting some really nice people too. One of the woman I work with invited me to an Orthodox wedding in 2 weeks. So I will go. She wants someone to sit on the women's side with her, and I am interested to see a wedding like this. She and I get along really well and have very good conversations while we are folding clothes.

Also I notice some of the Kibbutzniks my age are getting more friendly, which is great. They have such a different outlook on life; having grown up in this environment. And I really enjoy speaking with them, plus they can help me with my homework. See I'm working the angle!

Another thing, if anyone has ichat/AIM my screen name is lizraeli. And if you have Yahoo Messanger my screen name is lizraeli717. So if you ever want to talk, maybe we can hook up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm, french toast noodles!!!!!