Thursday, December 08, 2005

Reiki: it does a body good

I don't want to spend forever talking about how amazing reiki is, but..... It is so wonderful. I cried, I saw things I had not remembered from my life. I cleaned out a bit of the swampy waste that has been sitting in my body.

And Reiki is like a secret gift. Like I can do it in class to help wake me up, or I can do it at night and I fall asleep really well. I have been practicing it with the other members of the class. It is fun because some of us work better together. Like last night my friend Lerone and I went over to another fiends place. He was in the class and I found an injury in his foot and he said it was amazing. Ask soon as I walked into his room he said, "Liz, I needed you today my foot has been hurting." And so we sit around doing Reiki on each other!!!

But Rieki has helped me to be more calm and trusting. The whole idea is that you are a channel for pure energy. You have to believe this and also try not to put your ego into the practice, because then you are not a channel. But in the process of believing that you are a channel for energy, you have to believe in the energy. Which means that you have to trust in things. Wow what a good lesson.

This weekend I am going with Lerone and Iris (friends and fellow beginning Reiki girls) to Jerusalem. I am so excited to get away for a while and also go with such nice people.

Also in other news, I sent a request for a draft notice to the army! Oh my god. Exciting, scary, wild. Now I just wait and see. Also I took my oral test in class. It was scary but not so painful. I understand so much more than I can speak. And right now I am at the point where I translate everything in my head I can't wait for the day when I can hear a sentence and just know what it is.

I wish all you a great weekend and fun.

No comments: