Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ride A Camel In The Negev

We took a beautiful trip to the Negev two days ago. We slept in a Bedioun camp with camels right outside. you could hear them at night. It was really cold and we did tons of hiking and climbing and getting dirty. I got a new grace dot (mole or beauty mark) in the Negev. I like grace dot, the direct translation from Hebrew to English. It is on my nose right near my ring. That makes two on one side!

It is sad to see everone go. But fun to look forward to the future. I did get a call letting me know I have been excepted to the Israeli Army. So tomorrow morning I go back to the same office and do tests. Mental and physical. I am excited. Things are really happeneing.

Fun Fact: New Years in Israel is called "Silvester" and we are going to party and have lots of fun, since most everone leaves the next day.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments especially ZINK and Ray and Marisa. Zink I will be sending you an email. Glad to know you are still around.

Check out the pixs. Ja Bless.
Below: Lerone and I at the end of the Ulpan party.





These pictures were taken in the Negev, which is the bottom desert of Israel. Israel is a crazy place because right now in the north it is snowing and in the south it is like summer. And all this comes from a country the size of New Jersey!

The picture of the sign says: Stay on the trail, no climbing on the mountains, enjoy your trek. Our tour guide told us to climb on the mountains!



These camels seem to be praying to the morning sun. It was very fun to sleep in a tent and hear camels all night.

This is at En Gedi. I have a similar picture on here from when my mom was in Israel a month or so ago.
This is Noam and Josh. they are really good friends on the Ulpan and this was too cute to pass up.

No comments: