Friday, August 25, 2006

Boy,it has been a long time since I wrote anything of substance. And unfortunately right now won't really be the moment as I have 10 minutes before I begin work.

But life here has been pretty good to me in this last week or two. I went and saw the kibbutz I will be living on while in the army. It is called En Harod. It is 30 minutes drive east of my current kibbutz. It was really beautiful. It looks out over mount Gilboa. My room is amazing. Aftr so long of sharing a room the thought of having my own space is just thrilling. I have my own shower, toilet, little kitchen area, a good size sitting eating area and then a bedroom. What more do I need? It is so exciting, a place of my own.

So I have about a week and half more of work and then I will go move in and start the army. Oh my God. Reality sets in a bit.

Work is so enjoyable and fun. I should have taken this job a long time before. Most of the people are so friendly and joking all the time. The boss is like a big kid. There is this guy names Sadia, who has been working there for like 30 years and is the biggest joker and like a monkey, he is always into everything. My friend Gani spends all day making fun of everyone and talking, which really makes the time pass. It is a stupid job, putting screws into boxes, real monkeys could do it. But if it weren't for the people it would be pretty hellish.

And I went out on a date. I think after not being on a date for a year and a half it went pretty well. We went and drank coffee in Tivon. He seems like are really nice guy, very quite and shy. His name is Inon and he is 25. He just got back recently from a year traveling alone in India and Thailand, Cambodia, Laios, and I think one other country. So we shall see where it goes.

Anyway other that the high heat and humidity, fresh sabras and pomagrantes, everything is same old same old.

No comments: