Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Calm Day

Yesterday was a good day. No sirens. Only booms in the distance and airplanes over head.

It is amazing. you sit and listen to the boom. Boom is what it is called in Hebrew. And it is a strange sound. Of in the distance. Sometimes louder, sometimes more quiet.

I slept in, went to the pool. It was so relaxing and refreshing. And then at night I went with my friend Irit and her boyfriend to Ikea, because she had to buy things for her new room. BTW Irit is the girl I wrote about before who was adopted and trying to get her Israeli citizenship. Well after 2 years she got it! It is probably because of people like my cousins, fighting the laws and system here that she recieved it.

It was so funny at Ikea, which was only open on Saturday from 9-11 at night, it was so crowded. So many people. You would never think there was a war on. It was fun. We bought Swedish food and she got to remember food in Sweden.

-When I was in Sweden I missed Bamba (peanut snack food). Now I miss Swedish food.

After Ikea we went to this pancake resturant down the road. it is open 24/7. And the pancakes were so good, just like in America. I had mine with coconut on them. Yummy. I want to go there for my birthday next year.

I have to go start my first day of work in the factory. I will tell you how it is....



After Ikea

No comments: