Saturday, August 26, 2006

Trip to the US in pictures

Here you will see, some of my pictures from the US. The first picture is of my teacher in Ulpan, Eyela, me and a friends from Colombia, Stephanie. That was on our last day, we went to a really nice middle eastern restaurant.

The next ones are from NYC. I guess I felt a bit like Borat from Ali G!!! Stupid me I didn't take a picture with my friend Daniel, after we had not seen each other for 3 years!!!





The next ones are from Cato. Beautiful sunsets, family and friends, I had a wonderful time.






Now we travel in on picture to my 5 hour lay-over in Chicago (such a cool city) and on to a place that I still can not spell Minneapolis, Minnesota (I had to look it up). You find Ben and I in Ikea goofing around, a beautiful sunset from my parents new house and a little look at Hugh's new store.









We went one evening for a really nice drive to the boarder of Minnesota and Wisconsin for a dinner on Still Water. Although there was a big storm and the water was not very still. It was a rerally nice time.






Next Jonathan and his girl Diane came. The first picture was from the night they arrived and Jonathan was very tired. The next day we went to Mall Of America. I am glad we only stayed for a few hours, because it felt very overwhenlming to me. While everyone else went and saw a fish and shark show, Mom and I went to Barnes and Noble and looked at books! At least it was quite there.




And Jonathan and Diane have become avid bowlers so one night just the kids went out bowling, once Nancy had arrived. It was her first time.




And we did go on a lot of nature walks around all the many lakes.


Now the goodbye's began. This was the day that Jonathan and Diane departed back to Arizona.




And then I had a few days with Nancy. We went into the city and took a trolly tour of the city that was very intersting and had great views. Our tour guide (and I can't remember her name and she said it all the time) was very crazy lady. By the end we were the omly ones on the bus.
This city used to me the flour capital of the world. On the lakes you still see today, signs for Pilsbury and other less famous companies.


This is a famous view in MN from the sculpture garden.





We went on a drive to the Laura Ingles Wilder "Little House On The Prarie" house in Wisconsin. It was not the actual house, but it was the actual sight, of the house with a house similar to what people in those days lived in. We sat for so long just taking in the breeze and view. I have never had such a feeling of calm and peace. I could have sat there all day.





We also had a really nice meal on the water near there. I just ate off of everyone elses dishes because I wasn't very hungry. The food in MN is suprisingly funky and wonderful. They mixed a lot of flavors. I thought it would be very sinple country food, but it wasn't at all.

And this is bored Elizabeth, sitting in JFK for hours and my view!!

And when I returned to the kibbutz, the mommy cat, Ziggy had had a baby!



The End.

3 comments:

Netminder said...

Great post! Oh, there are some wonderful pictures. When did Ben get such long hair?? Roberta and Hugh look very happy. I got a great laugh from Borat (I own season 1 on DVD) and from the fact that you took a photo of a Trader Joes =P.

I'm glad to see that you look very happy in your pictures, and I can only assume that its not just an appearance.

Shalom!
~T

Anonymous said...

The "Hase" picture is great!

Anonymous said...

The "Hase" picture is great!
~Jessica