Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I feel like a lot of time has passed since I last wrote. I haven't been able to drag my lazy bones out of bed to write. Because of so many people using the computers, the mornings are the only time I have to write. I also haven't been sleeping very well, so that makes it much harder to move in the AM.

Well, a few people told me that my blog wasn't as exciting as Jonathan's China blog. But now, they will change there tune, because what could be more exciting than war. Just kidding.

In all seriousness, here it has been more quiet. On Sunday we had two more sirens. Once at work. And that was kind of bad because there is not bomb shelter. And we all met in an office room with lots of windows! Who plans that room as our pretend bomb shelter!!!

Yesterday I went over to this old ladies house to eat dinner with her. We watched to news while you could here the booms over head. It was so sad. They showed some of the funerals of the soldiers that have died. When I left I just started to cry. It is such a shit situation. No one wins.

I found out too yesterday that my friend that I went to Holland with, Roie is in the reserves and is up north in the Golan. Everyone I know, knows at least 4-6 people that are in the reserves fighting. My friend Craig is going in in about a week. There are few men here. And can you imagine the mothers of small, small children whose husbands are away at war.

But anyway on a brighter note, my work is good. My first factory job! It is easy work. Basically the thing we do is take screws from one big box or container and put them into smaller boxes and containers. We fold boxes. Or do quality control by checking all the screws. The people seem pretty nice. The work atmosphere is really good too. I eat breakfast in the factory. And we have good music playing loud all day. Believe it or not eventhough it is an 8 hour work day it goes very fast.

No comments: