Monday, August 29, 2005

AT THE END OF THE WORLD, TURN LEFT

I just watched an Israeli film with this title. It was really good and very interesting. About two friends, but also about all the Jewish peoples that came to Palistine to start the country. One of the main families in the film was from India. One deosn't usually think of Jews in India.

I feel maybe I have turned the corner. I am sure I will find more corners that I need to turn, but for now things seem more calm. I think I was having a hard time when it sunk in that I would be in this living situation for another 4 months. But for now I have come to peace with it. I am doing my best to listen to my heart.

It is hard because there are so many people on the Ulpan who are here to party and play. And that is all well and good, but I am here to learn the language. I don't feel that I fit in with any of the cliches that have formed and so, it can be hard at times.

But I know this is not forever. And also maybe it is good, because if I had lots of friend I wouldn't want to study so much.

Also, having such difficulty in the class has really discouraged me. but my teacher is amazing and gives me so much encouragement and extra help. There is a tutor coming a few days a week to help those of us that are stuggling, so I will get more help. But Rutie is a wonderful teacher. She doesn't ask me to read things or say things that are too difficult. She knows all our levels and tailors questions to each of our levels.

So that is me. I had a wonderful online chat with my younger brother and parents last night. It was really good to catch up a bit. All my love.


Oh by the way. I though this was strange. All the people in Israel are very concerned about the hurricane. I find this strange that they care so much and say that it must be so dangerous to live in Florida and New Orleans. Yet people in the US think it is so dangerous to be in Israel.

Perspective is interesting.

No comments: