Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Pomegranates and Pecans

Sometimes when you leave the city, you realize that you miss so much of nature. Like for example today I ate pecans that you take out of the shell, for the first time. They were amazing, the flavor was so rich and strong. Also I had my first white pomegranate (I know, I know, I am so prejudice) I thought it wasn't as good as the red ones. But it was delicous.

I found out something not so good about the food in the dinning hall. It has MSG in it. Basically everything with a sauce has MSG in it. Which was good to learn but now makes eating a lot harder. There is some scary food, but some it rally tasty (I guess that is why).

Tomorrow I have a test!! We have completes our fist unit which is amazing. I am having an easier time in class. Today I was ironing and a woman asked me if I work in the laundry and I answered without having to think : TRANSLATE, HURRY! My first reaction is always to say do you speak English. I am really trying.

And in very interesting news, my ironing average is 12 shirts an hour! That is impressive!

This weekend is the anniversary of the kibbutz so there are supposed to be parties all weekend. Hopefully i can get some good pictures of drunken Kibbutzniks!

Well, I must study.

TTFN




This is Enzo. he is Italiano. Very Italian. He is on the ulpan also and a real sweetheart. his roommate is from Hungary and spoke no English and Hebrew when he arrived. Enzo has totally taken that guy under his wing. He always invites him everywhere he is going. And so the Hungarian boy is learning Hebrew, English, and Italian!

No comments: