Thursday, August 04, 2005

In Israel a Little Over a Week and My First Terrorist Attack. Welcome To Israel!!!

I have desided instead of emailing or calling every person to let them know I am fine, I will send an email if possible. So I am fine, thank God. It is a crazy time here right now.

The facts as I know them:
Israeli soldier killed at least 3 arabs in a city in the north. This city is about 40 kilometers away from the kibbutz.

He opened fire on a bus, many were wounded.

It pisses me off when it is an Israeli that is doing this crap. I meant it makes me sad period, but there is alway a feeling that Israel will lead with a good example.

The Kibbutz people handled it well. They called a meeting and told us it would not be a good idea to leave the kibbutz this weekend.

So take a breath.

In other news: I don't need to leave, because I have studying to do. I had my first day of work and classes. I am working in the laundry which is an impressive operation, but extremely boring to work at. And the class is exactly my level. I will have to study really hard to keep up.

I will explain more about the laundry another day. I just wanted to let everyone know I am OK.

All my love. Lila Tov (good night)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. You said "terrorist attack" but then said an "Israeli soldier" opened fire. If a Jew kills an Arab it is not a terrorist attack. Everyone knows Arabs are terrorists, not Jews. It must have been an Arab that killed a three Jews, right?