Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ironing Maiden

Sorry it has been a while since I have written. It is not for lack of things happening, but actally because I am so busy. My days are going so fast. They are really full. I start my day usually around 5- 5:30 am. Sometimes I take a walk or a run. Sometimes I study, sometimes I send an email, sometimes I take a shower. But for some reason I am waking early. When I work in the morning I start at 6 am. I got in trouble the other day because I folded some towels that were still a bit damp. It was 6 am and I was still half asleep. I guess I POed all the old ladys, because today I had to iron all day. I ironed close to 40 shirts. And I think I got the "iron of shame" (remember Homer and the rock of shame or something like that) . It is broken and is really hot and gives a big backdraft of steam.

It has been really hot here these last few days. Every night the sun is hot pink in the sky. and I know grandpa always says that means it is going to be hot. The sun feels stronger right now. The air conditioners are working double time.

My class was good today. We are learning about 5 verbs a day. We learned 'he is, she is, that is, you are, that isn't' Also we learned our first verb in the past tense. 'I was born ...' I still have to say that it doesn't feel like a real language. But at least I am able to remember a bit more. I can be so hard on myself but, this is only the second week of classes. Anyway, when I expressed some discouragement to my teacher, she said, "If you work hard you must see result, its the only way."

Yesterday was one of the biggest Jewish holidays, Tisha B Av. It comemerates the distuction of the Temples in Jerusalem. I'm sure it was wild in Jerusalem this weekend. It is strange because the Israeli government had to move back the date of the disengagment because of this morning period. So now I am sure things will start to heat up. Probably not from the Palistinians, but Jew vs Jew. All we can do is wait, watch, and pray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow and you write well too I feel as though I am there! I love the blog! It's so nice that you're doing one so that we can all share in your adventures. Sending you warm thoughts always.
Marisa