Saturday, August 06, 2005

An Ode to Sam Jones

I just read the comments of my last post and I want to say something. Sam Jones is someone that I went to Photography School with. And I can honestly say he taught me everything I know. He is great. Totally raw and sometimes ruthless is his opinions of photos and everything in general.

He just got the link to my blog. So for everyone else that this comes as a suprise that I am gone. Sorry. This is not a fly by night choice. I have been planning it ever since I returned to the US a year and a half ago. Very few people knew about it right away. And some people I never told. Sometimes it is not that important to tell every person what you are plotting.

So yes Sam, this has been a goal that I have been working for. That's why I got a second job and Kelly and I couldn't use the studio. I was working my little butt off, saving money.

I still am planning to persue photography here. And I miss the darkroom so bad. But I promise as I did before that I will dedicate my fist book to you. And of course I won't give you a dime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok,Ok thanks for the comments. Now go out and take some world record photos.
BTW, Not telling everyone what you are plotting is the only way to ever get anything done.
Good Girl.
You've already made us proud.
Sam Jones

Anonymous said...

I would like to remind that I am the person who supplied you with the photographic equipment for your first steps in this art. I hope you stil use this camera, and that those pictures you done using it.
Mike