Monday, August 08, 2005

Photos from the Kibbutz

This is my morning wake up call. I walked out of the room to up load these pictures and this is my view.
Some images of Kibbutz life.
I was taking pictures yesterday and this guy wanted me totake his picture. I was more interested in the flowers in the background. I think they are cousins of African Violets. His name is Mikey and he works in the kitchen and lives on the kibbutz. there are many people like Mikey in Israel that move from kibbutz to kibbutz for work. The good thing is is he is probably paying like 60 US dollars to live here. It is a great way to saw money.
Israeli trailer trash. Come on, that's funny.
Yesterday was the first day with lots of clouds and wind. It was the coolest day since I got here. Maybe only 85 degrees!
This is the pub and it is right outside my room. Luckily it is open only two nights a week.
This is my building. my room is on the left. See the bench on the left too. It is great for studying.

A school on the kibbutz. I like the play things they have for recess. It is like everyones junk gets turned into toys.

See what I mean. This is not a junk yard.

We went to a terrible concert on the kibbutz of this famous Israeli singer named Riki Gal. I thought her back up singer was better! This is our ulpan united nations. From the left we have England, Sweden, Holland, Canada, Australia, and another Holland in the corner.






These are my friends. Dani on the left is from the Australian Gold Coast. (Don't worry Daniel no one can replace you), Zac or his full name is Zacinus is from Volos, Greece, and me.


This is how bad the concert was. We were all in pain! The back up singer had a solo and as soon as she started singing Zac got up and said "what happened?!" The back up singer was amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo,

Great pictures! It looks like a great place to be for a while. I know you will be a great student and learn a lot. You had better be, we need a good tour guide when we come to sponge off you.